Tomato Eagle's beak was created in 2005. It was bred by the breeder from Novosibirsk, V.N. Dederko. Despite the rather short period of existence, this variety is already popular and is in great demand among gardeners. It is suitable for cultivation in different regions of Russia, but if in the south planting is carried out mainly in open ground, then in Siberia it is better to grow the Eagle beak variety in greenhouses.
Description varieties Eagle beak
Tomato Orlyni beak - medium early variety. It can be grown in open ground or in a greenhouse. The bushes are indeterminate, spreading, with a strong root system. The stem can grow very tall. However, it is thin, so it requires a mandatory garter. The leaves are large, green. Inflorescence simple type. The first inflorescence is laid over 10 leaf, and all subsequent every 3 leaves.
Tomatoes grow in weight of 300-500 g, but there are champions under 700-800 g
Tomatoes grow in weight of 300-500 g, but there are also champions under 700-800 g. The shape of the fruit is heart-shaped with a curved nose. It is because of the curved shape, the grade got its name. The rind is strong, shiny. Color pink, while the color of the flesh is more saturated than the rind. There are many chambers, but they contain little seed. The flesh is fleshy, with an average juice content. The taste is pleasant, full-bodied, sour.Important! Fruits ripening on the first brushes of the bush are the largest and can weigh 500-700 g. The same tomatoes that ripen on subsequent brushes, smaller, are about 300-400 g.
Characteristics of tomato Eagle beakRead also these articles.
- What can be planted next to zucchini
- Red Scarlet Potatoes
- Dogwood Jam
- Aloe phlox
Distinctive qualities of the tomato Eagle beak are presented in the characteristics of the variety below.
- Bushes are vigorous, but need pollination.
- The fruits are large, very tasty.
- Tomato Eagle beak has excellent commercial quality.
- Transportability is high.
The flesh is fleshy, with an average content of juice
- Strong immunity to many diseases that often solanaceous crops. Namely: to fusarium, late blight and tobacco mosaic virus.
- Bushes are resistant to cold snaps, yield a crop until the end of September.
- The amount of sugars in the composition depends on how much sunlight the tomatoes received during ripening. So under adverse conditions, the taste can be simple and even bland. And with plenty of sunshine, he is sweet.
One of the features of the Eagle Beak variety is that its productivity depends on many factors. To get a lot of beautiful fruits, it is necessary to follow certain rules.
- Grow tomatoes in the greenhouse.
- During flowering, open the greenhouse so that the bushes can pollinate the bees.
- Time to feed.
- Pass the plants.
12-16 kg of fruits can be harvested from the square planting of greenhouse plants
Under these conditions, 12-16 kg of fruits can be harvested from the square planting of greenhouse plants. In open ground, the average yield is 6-10 kg per square meter.Important! From one bush, the Eagle Eagle's beak collects about 6-8 kg of tomatoes per season with proper care.
Preparation of seedlings tomatoWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Tomato variety Honey
- The best varieties of tomatoes for open ground
- Variety of cucumbers Phoenix
- The better to feed the pear in the spring
Tomatoes are grown Eagle beak seedling method. It is necessary to sow them for 60-65 days before the intended landing on a permanent place. Before sowing the seeds are sorted and soaked. You can also treat them with a weak solution of potassium permanganate to prevent the development of diseases. Sow the seeds in the ground for seedlings, to a depth of 1-1.5 cm. Between rows, leave up to 3 cm of free space. After sowing, the land is irrigated with water from a spray bottle and the seed box is covered with film.
Grown tomatoes Eagle beak seedling method
When the seeds germinate, the film is removed and the box is transferred to the window sill, so that the seeds are light and warm. The first picking is carried out with the appearance of 2 leaves. If it is not done, the plants will be strongly drawn out, their root system will be weak, undeveloped.Important! During planting between bushes you need to maintain a considerable distance, otherwise they will not be able to develop normally, fully and will not give a big harvest.
Features planting tomatoes Eagle beak
The plot for planting seedlings is sunny or partially darkened. It is advisable to ensure that all plants get a lot of sunlight and heat most of the day, otherwise the taste of the fruit will disappoint. The land should be loose, nutritious, light, so you need to fertilize it before planting, add sand and peat as needed.
Planting seedlings at a permanent place is carried out when the shoots will be about 2 months old.
Planting seedlings on a permanent place is carried out when the shoots will be about 2 months. The seedlings are planted in the greenhouse since the beginning of May, and in the open ground - from the last days of May to the beginning of June. It is easiest to plant sprouts in separate wells.
Between plants leave a distance of 50-70 cm, and the aisle can be done 70-90 cm, so it was convenient to handle bushes. After planting, you can water the saplings, and mulch the rows.
Rules care eagle's beak
Tomato Eagle's beak requires simple, regular care. If you monitor the condition of the bushes, in time to carry out sanitary procedures, feeding, processing, tomatoes will thank a rich, high-quality harvest.
Garter begin to hold as soon as the bush goes into growth
- Garter begin to hold as soon as the bush goes into growth. Tomato Eagle's beak can grow a tall bush, and if you do not tie it in time, it will fall under its own weight!
- Watering makes timely, so that the earth does not dry out much. Abundant watering should be done once a week. With flowering, water uptake increases up to 3 days.
- Weeds are removed during loosening of the earth, after watering and rains. It is important to uproot not only large weeds, but also small ones, so that they do not pull nutrients and water from the ground!
- Top dressing can be done organic, but the easiest way to use complex mineral fertilizers.
- The bush is usually formed in 1-2 stems. Masking is not necessary, but it allows to increase the yield. So stepchildren should be deleted as they appear. Thus, the bushes will spend forces on the formation of fruits, and not on the development of stems.
- Tomato pests Eagle beak can be damaged. To prevent this, the bushes are treated with insecticides Decis Expert, Arrivo, Karate Zeon, etc. From folk remedies you can use tobacco dust, wood ash.
Insecticides for pest control tomato Eagle beak
- Spraying a tomato Eagle's beak from diseases is often done preventively, because the culture is rarely sick. Most often for these purposes they use Bordeaux liquid, Fitosporin, Maxim, Acrobat, Copper sulfate, potassium permanganate solution or similar substances. From folk remedies, you can take wood ash, soap solution, an infusion of chamomile, onion peel or celandine.
Harvesting and processing
Tomato Eagle's beak ripens in 2-3 waves, starting from June-July until the end of autumn. Perederzhivat harvest in the bushes is not worth it, because tomatoes can start to hurt, and the pests are not indifferent to them, which should be taken into account! The collected fruits can lie in the refrigerator for up to a week, then they start to deteriorate quickly.
Thanks to the fleshy pulp of the tomato variety Eagle's beak, very tasty dressings, sauces, tomato juice are obtained
Vintage universal destination. Small fruits can be canned in cut or whole form, and large ones are usually used in salads. In addition, this variety can make borshchevye dressings, sauces, tomato juice, add to the first, second dishes when cooking.
Reviews gardeners about the variety Eagle beak
Gardeners about the variety Eagle beak speak, mostly positively.
- Elena Tomashko: “Tomato Eagle's beak is grown in the open field - I live in the southern region, so the climate allows. Most types of diseases are almost never seen, but the phytophthora can hit the bushes. potassium permanganate. In addition, because of the cultivation not under the film, bushes infect various pests. And, unfortunately, they do not always help folk methods. Usually only chemical preparations save from aphids. But in any case, the harvest is worth the effort. sweet, cr oshu them in salads or make fresh snacks. "
- Timur Merzlyakov: "A couple of times already planted tomatoes Eagle's beak. The first time was not very lucky with the crop, but the second time, learning from their mistakes, grew strong, productive bushes. I must say that in greenhouses they can be grown only if they are ventilated. Thickening planting is not an option - the bushes grow strongly. Harvest is harvested 2-3 times. Most tomatoes are twisted for juice and preserved for the winter, only some of the most beautiful tomatoes I leave for food. "
- Julia Voronkina: “I first tried this variety last year. I haven’t heard about Eagle Beak before, so it was a surprise for me and the yield and type of fruit. At first, I didn’t like tomatoes - too big. But the second batch was smaller, up to 300 g each fruit. The skin was quite dense, easy to transport, and they do not crack when salted. The flesh is sweet, quite juicy, but as for me, they are not suitable for making juice, because they contain a lot of dry matter. young and for professional grief arrester ".