Self-fruiting apricot varieties are often chosen for cultivation in small household plots where there are no opportunities to plant a lot of trees. They bear fruit every year, regardless of whether there are a number of pollinators, as they pollinate themselves. Below will be listed the best self-fruited apricot varieties with a description and photo for growing in small areas and large orchards with.
The most fruitful self-fruited varieties of apricot
Self-fruiting varieties of apricots do not give the same yield as the usual, not self-fruiting, but there are a number of varieties in this category, characterized by good fruiting annually.
- "Pineapple" Apricot gives annually up to 145 kg of fruits from one tree! Apricots ripen around mid-summer. The fruit of the "Pineapple" variety is up to 50 g, the shape is uneven - rounded, but uneven. The stone is small, color apricot yellow with a red side. The pulp is fibrous, light yellow, with a high content of juice and sugar. It is consumed more often in fresh form, as it may lose its taste in conservation. The grade is inclined to fall, frost resistance only to-25 degrees.
- Red Cheek ripens around mid-July. The first fruits are children for 3-4 years after planting. Yield, when compared with other self-fertile varieties, is high — up to 100 kg of apricot is removed from the tree each year. Fruits up to 50 g, oval-shaped, orange in color with raspberry "cheeks". The peel of the apricot Krasnoshcheki dense, but not thick, velvet. The stone is well separated from the pulp, small in size, occupies only 6.2% of the total mass of the fetus. The taste is sweet, saturated, the acid is almost inaudible. It contains up to 9.8% sugars and 1.36% acid. The main disadvantages: poorly tolerates high humidity and requires constant care.
- "Melitopol Early" ripens around mid-summer. The yield can reach 55 kg / ha for industrial cultivation or 100 kg / tree. It grows up to 5-6 meters in height, needs regular pruning, care. Fruits up to 40 g, oval, yellow-orange, with a small number of subcutaneous points. The taste is sweet, slightly tart, the flesh is soft, orange. The peel is very thin, velvety. Use of fruits is universal, however, fruits cannot be transported - they are very soft, after ripening.
Photos of self-produced apricot varieties
What samoplodnye varieties are frost-resistant?Read also these articles.
- Rabbit Lop-eared Sheep
- Watermelon Chill
- Apricot varieties for the Moscow region
- What to feed calves from the first days of life
In the middle and northern regions, where the climate, and especially winters, are unpredictable, it is necessary to plant frost-resistant, self-bearing apricot varieties.
- "Triumph of the north"grows up to 4 meters in height. It is characterized by increased frost resistance, it is grown even in the northern regions of Russia. Fruit weight reaches 60 g. The shape is oval, the skin color is yellow with pink spots on the surface, the pubescence is weak. The pulp of the North Triumph is sweet and sour, juicy Of the disadvantages there is an average yield of 50-60 kg, unstable fruiting, and also the fact that the first crop can be obtained only for 5 years in the field of planting.
- "Tsarsky"- an early ripe self-fertile apricot variety. Frost resistance up to -40 degrees Celsius. The tree grows up to 4 meters. The first fruits appear for about 4 years. The yield from a tree is up to 30 kg. Fruits of 20-30 g, yellow, with a red blush. Pulp sweet and sour. Among the shortcomings should be noted the small fruit and the fact that the stone is poorly separated from the pulp.
- "Sardonyx"- a mid-season variety. Withstands frosts up to -33.7 degrees Celsius. Fruit ripening is observed in early August. The tree is of medium height, skoroplodnoe, the first crop is harvested at 4 years after planting. Oval fruit weight up to 50 g, orange peel, more flesh light. Taste is sweet, fruits have universal use.
- "Hardy"- late self-fruited apricot cultivar. It produces consistently high yields. The tree is tall, strong-growing, the crown is slightly branched, needs to be shaped. Fruits from 5-6 years, yields up to 60 kg / tree. Winter resistance is high, there is an average resistance to diseases. But it is take into account that the variety is often affected by moniliosis, and therefore requires regular processing. Apricots weigh between 30-40 g, round and flattened on both sides. The peel is yellow-orange, dense, the pubescence is weak. The taste is sweet, rich, sugary.
Apricot varieties for the Moscow region are famous for their good winter resistance.
Unpretentious self-fruited apricot varieties
Unpretentious self-fruited varieties of apricot is very easy to grow. They practically do not require care, they grow quickly. The main thing is sometimes to water them, feed them at least once a year and harvest in time.
- "Dessert“Apricot is grown even by young, inexperienced gardeners. It grows quickly and almost does not require any maintenance. The tree has medium size, the crown is sparse, rounded. Fruits up to 40 grams, round, slightly flattened on both sides. The rind is heavily pubescent, yellow. The pulp is light - orange, not very dense, juicy, sweet, but sour. It has a strong aroma.
- "Snegirek"has a high frost resistance. The tree grows only up to 1.5 meters, which greatly simplifies caring for it. The yield from a tree is within 10 kg, but sometimes more, depending on the growing region. In southern cities, the yield can reach up to 20 kg per Season: ripening occurs around mid-August. Fruits are dense, beautiful, easy to transport. Weight is only 15-20 g, cream in color with burgundy blush.
- "Lel"self-fertile apricot variety of early ripening. Trees grow up to 3 meters in height, crown is rounded. The first apricots give for 3-4 years after planting. Up to 20 kg of fruits are removed from the tree annually, but if you plant additional pollinators nearby, it will increase by 2 -3 times. Orange apricots, weighing about 20 g. The flesh is sweet, almost acid-free after full ripening. The stone moves away from the pulp well. Maturation occurs around the end of July. It freezes to -30 degrees.
Apricot self-fruited varieties
The best partially self-made apricot varietiesWe recommend reading our other articles.
- When to clean carrots and beets?
- The best varieties of cherry tomatoes with a description and photo
- Milk replacer milk replacer
- Treating trees in spring
In addition to the self-fruiting apricot varieties, there are also partially self-fertile, which can bear fruit without pollinators, but only in small quantities. They give big harvests only if there is some suitable pollinator nearby. Such varieties are most often used for planting, if the fruit is used for personal consumption and not for sale.
- "Polesye large-fruited apricot“gives a year from each tree up to 115 kg apricot in the presence of additional pollinators (varieties Amur, Khabarovsk), otherwise the yield is reduced by 2 times. The variety is middle-ripening, the first fruits are observed for 3-4 years. sweet, weighing up to 55 g, oval-shaped, the color of fruit is orange with a scarlet blush. The bone is easy to separate from the pulp, so the variety is popular in processing.
- "Veteran of Sevastopol"- a late, partially self-fruiting apricot variety, ripening around mid-August. Established in the Research Institute of Horticulture of Ukraine. Skoroplodny, fruits begin to ripen from 3-4 years old. The tree is not very high, the crown is compact. Resistance to winter and spring frosts is high. Fruits weighing up to 65 g, there are record holders under 85 g, but this is rare.The shape is oval, squeezed from the sides.The skin color is golden, with a blush. The taste is sweet, with sourness, which only emphasizes the delicate taste.
- "Lutezhsky" or "Kiev red-cheeked"belongs to the middle-early group of apricots. Fruits from 3-4 years old, partially self-fertile, for higher yields pollinators should be sown next to it. Winter hardiness of the tree and its flower buds is excellent. Medium-resistant to diseases. Apricots up to 50 g, round-oval, slightly oblate with laterally. The rind is yellow-orange, there is a blush on one or two sides. The flesh is light yellow, the taste is delicate, sweet. The stone from the pulp is easily separated.
- "Siren"- a variety bred by Romanian breeders. Popular and in demand in Romania and abroad. Fruits are oval, elongated, rounded, weighing between 50-60 g. The orange rind with red cheeks. The first crop can be harvested for 4 year.